Saturday, October 31, 2009

Carving Time!

Last night we carved pumpkins.  I used to love that activity every year as a kid - I'd spend hours carving pumpkins  and admiring them afterward.  As an adult, I do like the finished product, but the process isn't quite as wonderful as I remember it - now that I am tasked with mostly guts and seeds.  However, even with the mess, I have to admit it was a great family activity.  We popped in some scary Halloween music and sound effects and got busy. Now that Will and Charlie are old enough to mark out their own patterns on the pumpkins it was much better. Will actually did almost all the cutting on his pumpkin this year - impressive!


I really thought Jacob would be all about sticking his hands inside of the slimy pumpkin (and probably rubbing it all over his hair and body and the walls), but he wanted nothing to do with it!  He mostly ran around dancing to the music and climbing on Ben's back (which felt awesome while you're crouched over a pumpkin). 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nikki,
Im so glad you're back, I've missed your blogs

Kelly Polark said...

Love the pumpkins!
I missed out on carving this year as I was in Florida. But they did a great job!

Bonnie said...

Wow they did an awesome job! Great picture!

Terra said...

THose are AWESOME!