Sunday, January 10, 2010

YEeeeeh-Haw!

Last night we attended a bull riding competition. Like REAL bulls, real cowboys. Wow! Having never been to any form of rodeo event, I wasn't sure what to expect. Visions of Luke Perry filled my head (remember that movie?). I have to say I wasn't too disappointed in that department - check it out!

That there's 40 real cowboys lined up purty as a picture


When my step-sister called on Friday wondering if we wanted to join them at the rodeo, all I could say was HECK YA! Not only because it sounded fun, but also because I had a pair of double-cute cowboy boots sitting in my closet just beggin' to be worn. I was mighty sad I didn't have a hat to go with em, but not for long! When we arrived at the arena, we were bombarded with folks selling all kinds of western stuff, most importantly... COWBOY HATS!



And talk about action! I don't know how many times I gasped or clapped my hands over my mouth, thinking the rider was about to meet his maker (as he flew threw the air and landed with a THUD on the ground - sometimes under the bull), only to have him hop up and skee-daddle out of the way lickity split.

Here's a rider mid thud - see him back there?


And check this out. They had an event called mutton bustin', which is where little kids took a crack a riding a 'bull' aka SHEEP. It was HILARIOUS. Call it riding all day long, but it was more like little kids clinging to the back (or side) of a sheep and hanging on for dear life as it burned rubber towards the gate. We could not stop laughing. I also couldn't help but notice Will and Charlie's thoughtful gazes towards each other.. Hmmm in two hop skips and a jump, they could be over the neighbor's fence and mutton bustin' to their heart's delight in no time. Oh Boy.


Yeee Haw!

2 comments:

Terra said...

surprisingly my little diva's LOVE the rodeo!!!!! Hailey loves the boots and hats and Lauren loves the...well...maybe only one of my girls likes it!

Kelly Polark said...

Hilarious! Looks like a doggone good time! You look cute in a cowboy hat!