Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Cooking with Cavemen

Our first full day of Christmas vacation has finally descended upon us. The kids are of course, giddy at the thought of TWELVE whole days away from school, and while I'm very glad to have them home... I do find myself wondering how long the honeymoon will last. Today actually went well. First we made puppy chow (the powdered sugar coated, chocolately-peanut buttery cereal mix), then almond bark pretzels, with present wrapping on deck. Since I limited their involvement in the puppy chow, that went great. I can't quite say the same for the pretzels. Neatly drizzling the correct amount of melted chocolate onto each pretzel quickly turned into trying to determine the maximum chocolate threshold per pretzel. I don't even know why I bothered to buy the 'Holiday Shaped' pretzels, as they all looked like a bunch of covered blobs by the end. Of course, as the pretzels got more and more ridiculous, the laughs got louder and louder. I finally had to give up on the cute pretzel vision I had in my head and just go with it. And you know what? It actually was pretty funny.

We started out right -
neatly arranging the pretzels per my instructions



As soon as we busted out the chocolate, the shirts came off-
and that was NOT per my instructions!


Even little Jakey got in on the action


Well... I guess that kind of looks like... a camel?



1 comment:

Terra said...

ok but seriously, could they be any stinking cuter?????????