Monday, February 8, 2010

Buckle Up!

Lately, I'm starting to feel the effects of becoming a non-stop shuttle for my kids. I've heard other parents complain about all the running they do to get their kids here and there, but without having done much myself, I can't say I've had much sympathy. My answer was simple: Don't let them go out for so much crap!

WELL (*throat clearing*), I now find myself eating my own words. I am getting glimpses of my future with two boys in back to back grades-- playing sports, and it's making me cringe! Not only does living in the country add time to all my trips, but practices and games are scattered between two towns, making coordination a little difficult. Throw piano lessons in there and it makes it complete. I often find myself asking, "When are we supposed to eat dinner?!"

And as far as saying "NO". Yeah. Am I really going to look Charlie in his sad little face and tell him he can't go out for baseball (*because they're nuts and started practicing in FEBRUARY*) because he's currently going out for basketball? It's not his fault the seasons are overlapping at this age. Obviously whoever is coordinating baseball doesn't have a kid in basketball right now! But really, it won't matter in the end. As soon as basketball finishes up, baseball with increase in practices and games... so it's a wash. I just need to just suck it up - and accept the fact that I just added one more hat to my current array... a taxi driver's hat.

1 comment:

Terra said...

7 years and one will be driving..

Not sure if that will make it better or worse!