Sunday, February 28, 2010

Nothing but Net! (well...actually rim, but who's counting!)

Yesterday marked the close of Will's basketball season. As you know, I've been doing my fair share of complaining about running kids here and there for practices, so I can't say I was too devastated to wave my final goodbyes to the YMCA gym. (Hasta la vista, baby!)

However, as I sit here and review the past few months in my head, I can't help but be pretty proud of Will and his team. They went from a group of mostly unsure kids to a team of passers, dribblers, shooters, screeners and hustlers! Woot! Even Will got the ball a few times yesterday, and he actually took a shot! (he almost made it too!) And while we still have a lot to learn, hats off to the BIG improvements our team made!


2 comments:

Terra said...

It is a good experience for them even if it does run mom ragged!

Kelly Polark said...

We've been running with basketball this year too. Josh has practices Tues and Thurs nights and 2-3 games a weekend! It's been fun, though we haven't had much time to do much else. But it's winter so that's okay!
Love the bball pics