Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stay tuned for the conclusion...

I'm starting to feel like the host of American Idol's final episode when he says "We'll announce the winner when we come back" - and he says it like 20 times before they ACTUALLY announce the winner.  That's me today.  Still not in the house.  How long does the 'eve' of moving last? Seems to be about a three day eve around here.  I realize it's difficult to tie up all the loose ends, patch any tiny paint problems and address random things here and there, but come on already!!!

The cleaning crew was scheduled for the house on Monday morning, but they got tied up somewhere else and got moved back one day.  This put it rather close to the wood floor dude putting on his final coat of poly that night, but they were planning on it anyway. Turns out, floors were too sticky when they got there to clean - so it was put off again. The next day, we stopped over to check out the progress and view the dried floor.  My heart sank when I saw BUBBLES all over the place.  Teeny tiny bubbles were dried in the finish of the wood floor in almost ever room, and lots of em.  GREAT.   When I called the builder (in kind of a huff) to ask if he had seen the finished floor yet (he hadn't), his response to my report was this: "ohhh no..."  oh yeah!  I do have to say, one of the things I really like about our builder is it's impossible to ruffle his feathers.  The man is calm about EVERYTHING.  I think I could tell him part of our house got blown away in a tornado, and his reaction would be the same logical, CALM voice methodically listing step-by-step instructions on how to get back on track.  No biggie.  I guess why that's he's in the business of building houses, and I am not.  I'd be going "What?  Are you kidding me!? I'm gonna have that wood floor guy's ass in a sling!"  ha   

If all went according to the 'new' plan, the floors should be dry and perfect this morning. Wood dude was scheduled to come last night for his final FINAL coat on the floor.  Cleaning peeps were there yesterday, and the house is SPARKLING clean.  Yes!    Meeting grandma at noon to give her the kids for three days (WOO HOO!).  Final walk-through with the builder is TODAY in the afternoon.  Furniture comes tomorrow.  *whew* I can see the light!


No comments: