Monday, July 20, 2009

A New Part of Me

OK.  Normally I talk on and on about our kids, but this morning I'm talking about ME!  As you can see in the picture below, I recently went to a casting call for a remake of the movie Sixteen Candles...  


Haha, NO - that is me heading out the door to the doctor after my surgery.  It's not really a neck brace, but it sure looks like one!  I thought the dress offset the huge bandage around my neck! LOL  I went in to have a humongoid lump removed from my neck.  (it was discovered by a massage therapist - thank you!) I had it poked and prodded to death prior, which all came back good - but they said the only way to be SURE it wasn't cancer was to take the sucker out.  So that's what we did.   It took almost a week to get the pathology report back, but it too ended up coming back clear.  Whew!  

Here's the beautiful incision mark...


I have to admit, I was a little shocked at the size of the scar - but, I also have to remember it is better than the alternative.  Hopefully it will lighten up over time, but until then I'll be wearing my hair down!

2 comments:

Kelly Polark said...

Oh, Nik! That is one big incision! I hope it heals quickly! Then put Mederma on it! (We use that on Em's scar, it's pretty light now)

Unknown said...

Nikki,
email your address to me at Randerson@hydriadsoap.com and I'll send you some of my holistic remedies for your incision. Glad to hear all was clear with the growth.
regards,
Rhonda