Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Teeth, hair and school

First off, I apologize for the long span between entries. I am trying to get back into a routine after moving. We are slowly getting settled in box by box! We still have a LARGE amount of items still in the garage, which we are sorting through.  It's amazing how much 'stuff' is accumulated over time!  WOW!  

My latest dilemma now that we are here is school.  Not for me - the kids!  This community has a very small elementary school, which runs K-fifth grade.  For fifth grade, all the kids from a neighboring town are bussed here, and then 6-12 all go to the neighboring town for the rest of their educational experience (I know - weird).  We are roughly 2 miles from the k-5 school and about ten from the other town.  It's a nice little elementary school, and I was at first excited about the close proximity, but as I compare the two schools.... I'm having second thoughts.  The other school is bigger (although for you Denver folks it's still TINY - roughly 100 kids per grade), has nicer facilities and probably more to offer - but I've been gearing the kids up for the move to THIS school for over a year!  Ugh, with registration under a month away, I hate to switch it up on them.... but I think I might just have to.    I plan to meet with the 'other' principal this week to help me make up my mind... more on that later.  

Two things on a lighter note, both relating to CHARLIE: 

1. He lost his first front tooth!


2. He looks smashing with his new haircut!

























Yes, that's a BALD SPOT on his head!  During his latest hair cut, while I was in the other room changing a battery for the tiny clippers, he took it upon himself to cut 'one long hair'.  Mmmm Hmmm.  I came back to see a very guilty look on his face.  "What did you do?" I asked.  He just smiled while guiltily looking down at the ground... and that's when I saw it!  "CHARLIE!  You gave yourself a bald spot!!!" I said, laughing. His reply was "I did??"   He had no idea he had shaved himself to the skin on top of his head - he thought he had merely clipped ONE hair! We had a good laugh, which soon turned to embarrassment for him - poor guy.  We had to shave his hair super short to decrease the abrupt change in hair length, to make it less noticeable.  Will was a good sport as well, and while he wouldn't shave a bald spot on himself like Charlie requested he did, he did have  me shave his head all over - practically bald - to make Charlie feel better.  BROTHERLY LOVE! :-)

No comments: