Tuesday, September 22, 2009

BUSted

My bus woes continue...

We all know that my kids have the longest bus ride(s) in the history of man kind.  While that does suck, it's tolerable... but the CRAP my kids are being subjected to on the longest bus ride in history is NOT. Several times now the kids have come home complaining of some high school kid named 'Bozar' (uh huh) who bothers them.  Why is a high school kid sitting by 2nd and 3rd graders anyway? (And who in their right mind would name their kid Bozar?) Good question.  He not only sits by them, but he twists arms, puts kids in headlocks, etc.  Will once came home with a bruise on his eyelid and a little cut on his lip from getting bonked into the bus window. That's when I started making regular calls the bus director.  

My first call resulted in reassurance that he'd take care of it.  A new, experienced driver was starting on Monday and would get the bus under control.  I also told him of all the new swear words my kids were spelling for me nightly that they heard on the bus, like 'H-E-L-L, S-H-I-T, A-S-S, and B-I-C-H'. (haha) If my kids can hear these kids shouting profanity from the back, can't the driver?  

Last week I started driving the kids to school in the morning and letting them take the bus home, figuring it might help a little to decrease their exposure to Bozar by half. Nope. Yesterday they came home complaining of him again.

My third call to the bus director was a little less friendly this time - it was clear that I was not happy about the situation. He was happy to learn the kid's name and said he would notify the driver and have the H.S. principal pull the kid in the office.  sweet! He said that if it continues, the kid will not be able to ride.  double sweet!  He did also mention however, that the bus driver has often said it is difficult to tell when the kids are just 'messing around'. Duh.  I told him - it may SEEM like they're kidding, but it often turns ugly.  What happened to rule #1 of the bus - KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF?! My kids don't like to tattle, especially on a scary high-schooler (another duh), so please driver - just handle it instead!!!

So, we'll see what today's report brings.  Here's to hoping.

3 comments:

The Fritz Facts said...

Bullies on the bus drive me nuts! Hunter had to deal with that. I really hope it gets better! Let me know, I got some great tips from our experiences.

Terra said...

OMG - I am suddenly glad I have to drive both ways to two different schools...shut me up!

Nikki said...

Terra, how many mins each way do you drive? And I'm all ears for tips on dealing with bus bullies!!!