Thursday, May 14, 2009

A salad's a salad... right?

Good lord.  Does it really have to be this difficult to decide what kind of salad to bring to a birthday party?  Part of the problem of being thought of as a good cook is living up to the expectations of people who have eaten your creations before - and raved about them.  They compliment you, talk about it amongst themselves, tell their family - and before you know it, you've got the nickname "Martha".    It's something like the sequel to a good movie.  Can part 2 ever live up to the original?   So here I sit, thumbing through this stupid cookbook for the 29th time... trying to pick a dumb SALAD (a dumb PERFECT salad) to bring to a one-year old's birthday party.  Am I nuts?  Hmmm nuts would be good in the salad.     


3 comments:

Terra said...

Hey! Salad...UM - I am NOT a cook! I will work on your site more tonight I promise! Today is slipping away but I am anxious to see it all come together!

Nikki said...

haha :) I'm actually sitting down now and flipping through the links you gave me... I can't wait to see it either!

The Fritz Facts said...

This where I would cave in a get a Suddenly Salad...I am sucker and they are so good.