Friday, May 15, 2009

Supersonic Black Hole

Why do I feel like I'm the ONLY person around here who is able to find stuff?  Either I've got some kind of supersonic locating ability and super-stealth vision, or everyone else around here is blind, forgetful or maybe just lazy.   Huh.  It's a toss up.   If I had a penny for every time Ben asked me where something was while practically staring right at it,  I'd be rich 10 times over by now.  Instead, I repeat this sequence: march over, retrieve the item effortlessly from under his nose and present it to him with a big eye-roll.  This morning when Ben accused me of moving his phone charger, I skipped all the rest and went straight to the eye rolling, as I had no idea where the charger was.  The conversation went something like this - 

Ben: "Where is my phone charger?  Where did you move my charger?  I placed it right HERE (finger pointing to countertop) before I left yesterday".  

Nikki: "I have no idea.  I am 100% sure it wasn't there yesterday, and I didn't touch it."  

Ben: "Well I'm 100% positive that it was RIGHT HERE" (again with the pointing).  

You get the idea.  We all start searching around...  no phone charger anywhere.   We were stumped.  10 minutes later, Ben victoriously emerges from the hall closet with his COMPUTER charger in hand, shooting a smug "i told you so" glare in my direction.  Wait a minute.  I thought we were looking for a PHONE charger.  Yeah.  He of course "100%" denies that he ever said 'phone' charger..  uh huh... even Will chimed in saying "Yeah Dad, I heard you say "phone" charger while I was in brushing my teeth".  (High five Will!)  

Of course, had he originally asked me where the "computer" charger was, I would have promptly marched over and retrieved it from the place I put it - the hall closet!  

1 comment:

Terra said...

Nikki, Nikki I could have written this post...word for word - subbing names of course.