Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tah Oh Nah.

Translation: Chocolate Milk. Obvious, right? It is if you live at my house! Deciphering the statements (or shall I say DEMANDS) of our 2 year old has become second nature to our entire family. I had to laugh this morning when Charlie (6) asked for some 'tah oh nah' at breakfast. I wish the funniness could over-rule the frustration when he says 'sah-ee' (sorry) after deliberately tipping the stool over into the wall and chipping the paint and denting the trim in the process.... all with a smirk on his face... Ugh! Terrible twos have definitely hit us - and we're only one month in! I never had to worry with my older two boys that if I turned around for 30 seconds that I might find a completely undressed person - diaper in hand.... What?!

So, I'm practicing deep breaths today. I didn't even break a sweat when he threw his entire bowl of cereal and milk upside down on the floor this morning. Or when he took a big drink of his tah-oh-nah and then opened his mouth big... and just let it run all over himself. (the stool incident was this morning as well) - it's not even 10:00 am!

No comments: