Thursday, August 20, 2009

THE BUS IS HERE!

Holy Moly it's 7:00 am and I'm already two kids down.  All went well and good for this first morning of bus riding, but I'm not optimistic that the bright-and-cheeriness will persist into the year as I continue to wake the boys up at SIX FIFTEEN AM every day.  oh boy. Last year they caught the bus at 7:45, so it was a pice of cake.  6:55 am is a different story.  UGH! I had to set my alarm to get my own butt out of bed to wake them up!  

I'm also having doubts about the length of the rides.  That's right - rideS, plural.  They take a bus for a half hour to one school, (which we are two miles from that stupid school, yet we're the second ones on the bus - what moron made up that bus route??  when you are the 2nd closest to the school, shouldn't logic conclude you'd have the 2nd SHORTEST ride?  grrr don't even get me started on that one...) some kids get off - then they hop on another bus for fifteen minutes to their school.  After arrival, they play on the playground until 8:20 as school doesn't start till 8:30 am! See why the heartburn?  

I drove them yesterday so we could figure out where everything was, and we didn't have to leave our house until 8:00 which was nice.  So, I'm very anxious to hear about their bus travels once they get home.... that is presuming they make it home on the right bus!!!
 

3 comments:

Kelly Polark said...

That bus thing is a little crazy! I hope their first day went well!
We have to get up earlier this year too. Josh's bus comes at 7:09. He's my early riser, so that's okay. Em's my sleeper inner.

Nikki said...

How long is Josh's bus ride? That's the thing that irk's me the most... 30-35 minutes to get TWO miles. I'm calling the bus director in the am!

The Fritz Facts said...

That is a long bus ride. Boo was the last stop last year, and the first coming home. She loved having only a 5 minute bus ride. This year, it is different, but that is okay.

Hope their ride went okay!