Thursday, August 27, 2009

A River Runs Through It

When it rains it pours.  

Man!  We just cannot catch a break.  I did wish for rain, yes I did.  And Ben did stare out the window waiting for rain, yes he did. But seriously folks.  IT CAN STOP NOW ANYTIME!  I'm quite certain all of the grass seed has been washed away. I'm not kidding one little bit when I say it hasn't stopped raining since I wrote about the rain last time!  NOT KIDDING! nope. not one little bit.

If you don't believe me, take a look for yourself. 



This was empty yesterday... now it's not.



This is one of the silt fences (to stop erosion) Ben installed yesterday.  
See how nicely Mr. rain has carved an alternate route around it?



This is a small wading pool out front, 
which I'm pretty sure will be full of bull frogs by tonight.



and ahhh helpful rain gutters...
leading all the water to cut yet another trench across the yard




And would you believe the nerve of this asshole?!

3 comments:

Terra said...

I am so laughing my ass off at your misfortune. Be careful what you wish for sister - cuz you just might get it right! ARGH. I am sorry for you, I really am - but your post was friggin hilarious!

Bonnie said...

Oh My.. looks really wet! I love the jet skiier!!!

Kelly Polark said...

When it rains, it pours. We've got it here too.
And the jetskier comment made me giggle!